Solve your Weed and Muck Problem with LakeMats
LakeMat is the proud creator, innovator, and supplier of LakeMats, MuckMats, and more for your lakefront! Do you have a problem with the muck and weeds on your lake bottom? Are you sick of raking weeds and spraying herbicides? Well, we have got the solution for you! In fact — we guarantee it. First, we will take a look at the drawbacks of herbicides and raking weeds. Of course, if you already know the drawbacks, feel free to skip over and check out our much better way to control just weeds and muck.
What are the problems using aquatic herbicides for weed control?
- At best, herbicides kill 80% of target weeds – which still leaves a lot of weeds.
- Aquatic herbicides don’t firm up mucky lake bottoms, in fact, they make it worse.
- The more often herbicides are used, the less effective they become as aquatic weeds become resistant to the toxicity.
- Many people have serious concerns about using chemicals. What you do affects your neighbors. Our mats are much more environmentally friendly.
- Herbicides have restrictions on water contact for pets, people, and livestock.
- Herbicides don’t target areas very well and often drift.
- Depending on the herbicide, they can take several weeks to work.
- It takes multiple applications during a growing season to control weeds.
- Herbicides create low oxygen conditions which can (and does) kill fish.
- Herbicides kill some lake weeds. As they die and decompose, they release nutrients back to water, making even more weeds over time.
- Aquatic herbicides are expensive.
What’s the problem with raking or harvesting?
People who rake the most — have the most weeds. Aquatic weeds survive, in part, by “fragmentation.” Each small fragment that breaks off when disturbed, can sprout, and grow a new weed. The more raking, cutting, and pulling you do, the more lake weeds you’ll have.
Many lake weeds have “seed banks.” If a weed is damaged by raking or cutting, they drop seeds which also begin growing new plants. Raked, cut and pulled aquatic weeds must be taken out of the lake, or they just sink and start growing again. You have to move them away from the shore — and they’re pretty heavy… it can be hours of back breaking work. And no matter how much you rake, you never get them all, do you? Commercial harvesting is quick, but costly — the weeds grow back even thicker — harvesters can’t get close to your dock — and for the short time when your weeds are merely “thinned out” — you still have a mucky lake bottom.
Our MuckMats create a firm lake bottom, exterminate weeds, and can stay in year-round. This is a safe and natural way to fight weeds that not only is better for the environment but is guaranteed to work! With out LakeMat, you control your lake bottom and where you want the weeds. This low-maintenance method is easy to move and easy to install. It is simple. No sun = no weeds. Make fighting weeds a winning battle with LakeMat.
If you have weeds and muck, check out what MuckMat Pro. If you just have lake weeds, take a look at what LakeMat Pro will do for you. We also offer Dock Mats, Jet Ski Mats, Pontoon Mats, SandMats, Boat Lift Mats, and Super SandMats. If you are interested in purchasing your own mat or finding out more information about our products, download our eBook or contact us today! Our mats can also be found at a variety of dealers listed here for your convenience.